“BOSU® training is about expanding movement capabilities, reshaping bodies, and strengthening minds. It’s about inserting thought into movement. Andrea has spent over two decades creating a cancer recovery program that embraces all of these aspects and more. Her program is without a doubt the most comprehensive and individualized program on the market.” – David Weck, Inventor and Founder BOSU® Fitness, LLC and Creator of The WeckMethod ™
The Breast Cancer Recovery BOSU® Specialist™ Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with breast cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire breast cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient’s ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment. Using the BOSU® Balance Trainer, participants will learn how to prescribe corrective exercises for muscle imbalances and range of motion deviations, as well as exercises to promote lymph drainage.
The Cancer Exercise Training Institute has trained more health and fitness professionals worldwide to become Cancer Exercise Specialists than any other organization. Andrea Leonard, 34-year cancer survivor, author of “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors,” NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist and Performance Enhancement Specialist, and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute began her extensive research in 1995; long before anyone had ever hear of “cancer exercise.” She spent three years working on “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors” with the chiefs of breast surgery at Georgetown, George Washington, and Johns’ Hopkins University Hospital Medical Centers. Realizing there was a need to assist patients with many types of cancer, Andrea expanded her research and writing to cover a broader spectrum. She is truly a pioneer in the field of cancer and exercise and has paved the way for other organizations to follow.
Here’s a sneak peek:
How does the Breast Cancer Recovery BOSU® Specialist™ Advanced Qualification differ from other available cancer exercise training programs?
* We are the ONLY organization that emphasizes INDIVIDUALIZED programming. No two cancer patients are the same and their exercise program should be as individual as they are.
* Invaluable training and experience in assessment protocol, including goniometry to measure joint ROM, postural assessments and girth measurements to monitor for lymphedema.
* Ability to ask questions and have them answered in person, through email, phone, and blog.
* Workshop/webinar attendees receive 2-days of specialized training along with the four-module Cancer Exercise Specialist Handbook
* Open-book online examination to be taken at home following the workshop/webinar. We believe that the open-book nature of this examination simulates real life situations more closely than anxiety ridden, proctored, examination hall examinations.
* We offer professional development and continuing education as well as a video library for CETI Cancer Exercise Specialists exclusively.
* Receive a complimentary 2-year listing on our International Cancer Exercise Specialist™ Directory-bringing clients to you.
* Receive a one year membership to the MedFit Network (value $169). The MedFit Network will help you reach new clients who are looking for fitness and allied health professionals with these skills – For New Members Only
We offer CEU’s for ACE, NASM, NFPT, PTAG, and YMCA. Most certifying bodies will honor 14-22 credit hours.