The Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. The CES home study course allows participants to gain a complete understanding of the entire cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient’s ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
The CES homestudy course covers 26 types of cancer, as well as pediatrics, with special emphasis on breast cancer and breast reconstruction. The Cancer Exercise Training Institute has trained more health and fitness professionals worldwide to become Cancer Exercise Specialists® than any other organization. Andrea Leonard, 35-year cancer survivor, PFP 2019 Personal Trainer of the Year, author of “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors,” NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist and Performance Enhancement Specialist, and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute began her extensive research in 1995; long before anyone had ever hear of “cancer exercise.” She spent three years working on Essential Exercises with the chiefs of breast surgery at Georgetown, George Washington, and Johns’ Hopkins University Hospital Medical Centers. Realizing there was a need to assist patients with many types of cancer, Andrea expanded her research and writing to cover a broader spectrum. She is truly a pioneer in the field of cancer and exercise and has paved the way for other organizations to follow.
Here’s a sneak peek at our modules:
* We are the ONLY organization that emphasizes INDIVIDUALIZED programming. No two cancer patients are the same and their exercise program should be as individual as they are.
* Invaluable training and experience in assessment protocol, including goniometry to measure joint ROM, postural assessments and girth measurements to monitor for lymphedema.
* Ability to ask questions and have them answered through email, phone, and blog.
* Private CES Facebook group for interaction with other specialists, news, case studies, updates, and more.
* Open-book online examination to be taken at home within 180 days of purchase. We believe that the open-book nature of this examination simulates real life situations more closely than anxiety ridden, proctored, examination hall examinations.
* We offer professional development and continuing education as well as a video library for CETI Cancer Exercise Specialists® exclusively.
* Receive a complimentary 2-year listing on our International Cancer Exercise Specialist® Directory-bringing clients to you.
We offer CEU’s for ACE (2.0), AFAA (14), Canfitpro (4), ISSA (22), NASM (1.9), NFPT (2.0), NSCA (1.7), NSFA (22), and Yoga Alliance (22 non-contact)
I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions