Time & Location
About the Event
Appropriate For Sports Medicine Physicians & Training Coaches, Athletic Instructors, Personal Trainers, Group Fitness Instructors, Physical Therapists, Team Coaches & Athletes and Yoga Instructors
Respiratory physiology is a dynamic way of not only improving a client’s level of fitness, it’s improving their overall level of health and well¬being. Ed Harrold’s Breath AS Medicine training focuses on nasal dominance in respiratory muscle training by applying the principles and philosophy of yoga breathing (or pranayama) as inspiratory and expiratory muscle training. In this 15-Hour Breath AS Medicine training, we’ll learn the science of learning to control the breath for various physiologic and psychological outcomes overlooked in current fitness & athletic training.
Keeping in mind that the goal of exercise is to improve our health, reduce inflammation and reduce stress, we’ll learn the art & science of incorporating mindful breathing strategies into fitness and athletic training. Give your clients a cardiovascular, flexibility, strength & meditation-in-motion experience all in one training session. Improve their biomechanics, biochemistry, physiology and psychology with optimal breathing protocols.
- Enhance the professional knowledge and skills of each participant on the importance of proper respiration within fitness and athletic training.
- Explain how respiration is directly related to and influencing various systems and organs in the body including: Central, Autonomic, Periphreal & Enteric Nervous Systems; The role of the Diaphragm Muscle with proper breathing; Heart Rates & Respiration Rates (breathing patterns); Heart Rate Variability; Digestive, Endocrine, Autoimmune & Brain function as it relates to breathing Vagus Nerve & Vagal Tone; Perfect posture, core stabilization and mindful movement patterns
- Educate participants on the aspects of flow and provide the tools to “biohack” into flow states; meditation-in-motion
- Introduce basic, intermediate and advanced breathing technique
- Health benefits and contraindications for breathing technique
- How to sequence the breath for speed, interval and steady state training
- How to use breathing techniques to “biohack” into flow states
- Warm-up & cool-down strategies
- Respiratory anatomy & physiology
- LIVE Webinar
- Includes videos & reading materials
Exam 60 questions – Exam Time Allowed 75min – Total Test Attempts: 3. The passing score of this course is 80%.
1.5 continuing education credits with American Council on Exercise (ACE Fitness)
REGISTER HERE DON’T FORGET TO USE PROMO CODE CETI TO SAVE 10%